9 Months

A Journey Into the Unknown World of Becoming a Dad

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

Friday, August 18, 2006

Credit where credit is due

“She's short and skinny, but she's strong. Her first baby...come out sideways. She didn't scream or nothing.”
- Owen from Planes Trains and Automobiles

I have heard some horror stories about how my wife is going to behave in the final trimester. It has best been described as a lose-lose situation. I’ll get yelled at for being home, cursed at for not being home and pretty much anything I say will be wrong and irritating.

I may be jinxing myself but so far I have yet to see that side show its ugly face. She has been terrific. The worst incident I can recall happened a couple of weeks ago. I received a phone call from Tracy at work.

She asked, “Where did we go after the hospital on Saturday morning?”

“We drove down Glades Road to..”

“No. That’s not what I mean. I am missing my folder. Where did we go after the hospital?”

“Well, we drove past the Pediatrician’s office and then by Rag Shops..”

“NO! (louder, this time) That’s not what I am asking!”

“Um, honey. I have no idea how to answer your question.”

“Fine. Forget it.” (click)

All things considered, I think I am getting off extremely easy in the raging hormones category.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for not sharing how I started to uncontrollable sob because I couldn't find the stupid yellow folder when all along it was exactly where I put it on the table :-)Once I found it I wasn't even sure why I needed it to badly to begin with :-) MY my, the woes of pregnancy hormones.....

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH BOY, i guess memory loss has set in!! it gets better, i will tell you reading these blogs makes me wonder why i want to do this again....
love you

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home