9 Months

A Journey Into the Unknown World of Becoming a Dad

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

Thursday, September 07, 2006

18 DAYS LEFT

As a person who will wager on almost anything (baseball, football, hurricanes, Presidential elections), I am surprised I didn’t think to start a baby pool. But it completely slipped my mind. I think I was always assuming the baby would come early (and healthy) and I wouldn’t have time to worry about the actual day.

I had a guess as to when she/he would arrive but tonight I changed my mind. I now know when it will be here. Thinking back to when we got pregnant, we had been trying for a bit of time and finally decided not to stress about it anymore. As a way of not stressing, we book a trip to Dublin (Ireland, for those geographically challenged). Immediately after the trip was booked, D’Brickashaw was conceived (thank you New Year’s Eve).

I don’t ask for much these days but I am not ashamed to admit I am looking forward to opening day for the NFL this Sunday. I plan to watch the 1pm game, 4pm game and then at 8pm flip between Family Guy and the evening football game. Which means Brick will be here this Sunday morning. Probably around 12:50pm or so. I can just see the conversation –

(Opening kickoff moments away)

“Honey! I think my water just broke!”

“Are you sure? Maybe you just spilled some water in your lap.”

“Um, no. It really is time now!”

“Didn’t they say something in class about how it’s best to wait a few hours before actually driving to the hospital after your water breaks?”

After that, I only see me getting hit by a shoe. My guess: Sept 10th, slightly before 1pm.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're probably right. I'll check in tomorrow after the second game and before the third game to see if you're a dad yet.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home