9 Months

A Journey Into the Unknown World of Becoming a Dad

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

Friday, September 01, 2006

Waiting is the hardest part

The last month of gestation sucks. It rivals the first month and dealing with the morning sickness. There is nothing to do. It’s boring. You just wait and wait. It’s like waking up every day and being told you have to stand in line at the DMV all day.

The new frontier of becoming pregnant has been explored. The baby’s room is ready. Our hospital bags are packed. I have assembled the stroller and installed the car seats. And I know everything there is to know about the cervix.

And I don’t want to hear how I should enjoy the peace and quiet now because things are about to get hectic. Hectic is good. I welcome the frantic, confusing and chaotic. Bring it on.

At this point I wouldn’t mind getting hit by a car just to break up the monotony. Not sustaining any crippling injuries. Maybe just the kind of accident where I see the car at the last second so I have enough time to jump up on the hood and my back cracks the windshield but I am still coherent enough to turn to the driver and shout “Stop this damn car!” through the glass. Then he jams on the brakes and I roll off the hood and tumble forcefully to the ground.

Yes, I am that bored.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My advice, although I know you don't want to leave me home during the waiting game, but I will be perfectly fine and will call you if "anything" occurs, get out of the house and see if there are any men out there willing to play golf, tennis, drink, etc....just keep your phone close :-)

2:42 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Uh...you think it's hard for you?

8:53 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I remember Bill calling me every five seconds. "How do you feel? Any contractions? When do you think you'll go into labor?" That last one really irked me. Like I had a crystal ball or something.

Waiting sucks. BUT. The end result is awesome & you totaly forget that you waited for so long. It's almost like life starts all over again & you don't really remember much PB (pre-baby). Hang in there (especailly Tracy :) )

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home