9 Months

A Journey Into the Unknown World of Becoming a Dad

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

Thursday, March 16, 2006

You are now free to move about the country

Ha! And everyone said that once we have kids our traveling days will be over. It would be Disneyland or nothing.

“Might as well buy a season pass now” joked a nearby goatee-wearing co-worker.

Over a discussion about travel yesterday, Tracy and I decided to plan our first post pregnancy trip. We will be going to Las Vegas in January 2007. The grown-ups Disneyland. We’ll enjoy shows with freakishly agile acrobats; shows with quirky Blue Men; shows with Australian hunks (for the ladies); dancing at the Ghost Bar; throwing craps with Ben Affleck; and much much more.

After nine months of growing a toddler, and a few more getting acclimated to life with child, we will be ready for some quality adult time. No? I figure four months, September through December, is adequate time to prepare little Zoë for her first slumber party at the in-laws.

Any bets on if we will actually make it? If we make it there, we can make it anywhere. I give us about an 80% chance of following through.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take that bet but I am lowering the percentage to about 50/50 !!

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll go with 60/40, in favor of a nite out. Maybe dinner & a movie. My neighbor's kid is pushing 2 and they haven't been out as a couple yet. Don't trust anyone else with their kid, now she's pregnant again
"It's over Johnny"

10:47 AM  
Blogger Jack's Mommy said...

The chances are greater that you will want to take the baby with you! Once you hold that little bundle in your arms you won't want to leave him/her out of your site ... you'll see ;-) I would forgo Vegas for 1/2007 and look for baby friendly destinations ;-)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Derek, Tracy & Calvin said...

How about just for a long weekend?! At 4 months, don't they just sleep all the time. Well, I won't book my tickets just yet. We'll wait until after he/she arrives.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home