9 Months

A Journey Into the Unknown World of Becoming a Dad

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

More random grumblings

Here is all the pertinent information up to the minute.

* I am tired. Perhaps these 28 weeks are starting to take a toll on me. More likely, it is because some jackass was shooting off bottle rockets until 1am last night. Happy 4th. Here's hoping he suffered at least one second-degree burn on some body part. However, the realization that we have a little less than 12 weeks until our due date is uplifting. Compared to the once mammoth total of 40 weeks, this number seems doable.

* The kid’s soon-to-be room is finally cleared out. Every other room in the house now looks like Sanford and Son’s front yard, but at least we can begin Operation Baby Room Makeover. We recently found out that I will be the only one painting in the room. Apparently, paint fumes aren’t good for the baby. Why do I get the feeling that this child’s first words are going to be “Um, Dad... you really suck at decorating.”

* Our little spud is kicking like a German striker. The tiny gymnast moves all over womb and occasionally I am forced; nay, I want to, feel some protruding lump in the belly. Is it a foot? Is it an elbow? Who the heck knows, but can I please remove my hand?!

* We are moving closer to our final two names for the child. These names will be revealed shortly after little Agamemnon or Shanaynay (not actual names) has entered this world.

* And finally, Thursday Tracy will once again be gored with a needle. This time, my little pincushion will have her sugar tested. The test consists of drinking some Sunkist-looking drink, although I am willing to bet it tastes much worse, and then giving blood to see if we have good blood sugar levels. (No gestational diabetes.) If we pass this test, everything is hunky-dory. If the results falter, you have to return for some ridiculous follow up test where they take blood every hour for like 42 hours straight. We are hoping to avoid this experience. Keep your fingers crossed!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jack's Mommy said...

Realization will set in quickly! You actually have between 9 and 12 weeks to go if Tracy delivers at 37 weeks (considered full term) - that means as few as 9 weekends left before you will be a family of 3! How exciting! Start making a list of things you want to before little one arrives - it will be here before you know it!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! :D

The glucose drink is really nasty (mine tasted like semi-flat lemonade and I hate lemonade) but I didn't throw it up like I thought I might. (I was also lucky in that I had no morning sickness whatsoever so I've been told that helps because you can pretty much keep everything down)

And no Shanaynay? Awww. LOL.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I was pretty sick when I had to drink the glucose drink & oddly, it wasn't that bad. Good luck to you & Tracy!

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, hopefully I won't hear from the Dr's office, they said if they don't call, I'm good. I really don't want to have to do the 3 hour test!!

Thanks for all the good wishes, hopefully it'll giving me passing scores :-)

11:11 AM  
Blogger Derek, Tracy & Calvin said...

9 weeks left??!! Holy cow. That is a scary number. I am not ready. Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home