9 Months

A Journey Into the Unknown World of Becoming a Dad

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

Monday, May 08, 2006

It's Halftime!

Pregnancy is not a sprint. It is a marathon. You need to pace yourself. A marathon is 26 miles. This weekend marks the halfway point of our pregnancy. In jogging terms, we still have 13 freakin miles to go.

But maybe I am looking at it the wrong way. If a doctor told me I only had 20 weeks to live, that would seem like an infinitesimally short amount of time. I’d barely have enough time to get my travel plans in order. On the other hand, if someone told me I’d be forced to watch Andrew McCarthy movie for the same duration, I’d sooner hang myself.

I guess we just have to be patient. Little D'Brickashaw will be here soon enough.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty in Pink wasn't that bad..

7:11 AM  
Blogger Derek, Tracy & Calvin said...

Yeah, but that was only because of Duckie.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home