9 Months

A Journey Into the Unknown World of Becoming a Dad

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

THIS JUST IN...

This evening I received the following phone call:

Caller: “Hello, may I speak to Tracy please?”

Me: “I am sorry. She isn’t home right now. She should be home any minute. Can I take a message?”

Caller: “This is Carol from Dr. Needlebelly’s office. I have the results from the amnio for her.”

Me: “Oh great. We have been looking forward to hearing from you. This is her husband. I will give her the information.”

Caller: “I am sorry. I am not allowed to give you that information. I don’t have the signed authorization to do so.”

Me: “Are you kidding me? You do realize that baby is half mine!”

Caller: “I am very sorry. Does she have a cell phone?”

Me: “Yes, but I don’t want you giving her bad news while she is on the road. I won’t tell anyone that you told me.”

Caller: “I really can’t.”

Me: “I tell you what. If you cough now, I am going to assume it’s bad news. Ok?…..…..You didn’t cough.”

Caller: “Let’s just say you have nothing to nothing to worry.”

Me: “Thank you! Her number is ***-****.”

And shortly after our conversation she called Tracy to inform her that everything is perfect!! I think I speak for both of us when I say, “Whew!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home