9 Months

A Journey Into the Unknown World of Becoming a Dad

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

Friday, September 22, 2006

Finally!

After 40 weeks of preparation and torture, I am proud to relay that we have a new member of our family.

Mr. Calvin Thomas Medwid! (We also accept Cal or C.T. for you Real World lovers)
He was born at about 10pm, weighing 7 pounds and 8 ounces and measuring 19 1/2 inches.
We pushed for two solid hours. Tracy gave it a Herculean (sp?, it's late) effort but little Calvin refused to come out so the doc went in and got him C-Section style.
Mommy is resting comfortably. She just had her first bonding session with Cal.

I haven't eaten in nearly 24 hours and there is a good chance I won't even make it back to my hospital bed, probably collasping in the hallway somewhere.

Pictures and a final word coming soon. :-)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures.

Give Tracy and Cal a hug from me. Congratulations again.

2:24 AM  
Blogger Moooooog35 said...

AWESOME! And here I am 100% sure that you named him Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes...tell me that I'm right. Good for you, Derek - tell Tracy I said "good job".

Now comes the fun part. Can't wait to see your blog after changing your first poop.

Thanks for making me an uncle - never thought I'd see the day.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Baby Calvin and Congratulations Tracy & Derek! We can't wait to meet the little guy.
Lot's of hugs & kisses to all three of you.

Paula, Jamie, Gavin & Jaden

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH! What a thrill! Congrats to the both of you! Mr. Calvin Thomas Medwid has the most amazing parents! Tracy, my best friend for almost 30 years now, you are going to be a truly wonderful mom! And to Derek, what a great father you will be! Thank you for bringing everyone in on this fantastic journey! You both shared with us your incredible tales of bringing Calvin into this world - and he is finally here. I can't wait to meet the little man!
Lots of love!
Sue

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conratulations, I am glad all is well. Can't wait to see pictures!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Yea! Congratulations! And speedy recoveries to Tracy :)

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! Wow, we need pics.


Biv & Miss

10:13 AM  
Blogger Jack's Mommy said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Little boys are so much fun! Can't wait to see the pictures. Wishing you a speedy recovery and enjoy all the bonding time with Calvin.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home