9 Months

A Journey Into the Unknown World of Becoming a Dad

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Reinforcements have arrived

Before Calvin arrived, I remember telling my wife how lucky she was being able to stay home for 12 weeks and lounge around all day. She laughed and asked me how much free time did I really think she would have. In all honesty, I thought it would be a lot.

News flash. Infants are a lot of work. I had my first horrible peeing accident today. While changing a diaper, I thought had his lu-lu thoroughly covered. I looked away for a split second and the Fountain of Calvin had erupted. This warm pee bath must have triggered another reflex because the poop started flowing. He looked like a tube of toothpaste being squeezed.

Today my sister, a mother of two small children, flew in to see the baby and offer some support. Tomorrow I go back to work. Ha! Work. Try caring for a week old child for a couple of days. Now that is work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home