9 Months

A Journey Into the Unknown World of Becoming a Dad

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Welcome to the Jungle

Nine months is not completely accurate. We are currently seven weeks into this endeavor so technically it is only a little over seven months away. The first month was a breeze because, well, we didn’t know. Now things are starting to get a little trickier, so with many weeks left in this journey I decided to chronicle the events, mainly as a form of therapy for myself.

My wife and I, both in our mid 30’s, led a rather active life before this pregnancy. Based on the myriad of unsolicited advice we have received, it would appear that our lives are over; travel is a thing of the past; the only movies I'll be watching will have talking fish; and basically any and all interests we once had, will be replaced by this bundle of joy.

That sort of thinking terrifies me. Not that I won’t give the little bugger lots of attention but I hope to retain some of the joys in life I currently possess (which we can get in to later) and quite frankly, prove some of these people wrong.

But in the meantime we have lots of other things to experience and worry about. So without further ado, here we go!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huge congratulations!! Enjoy the trip!

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Proving people WRONG, I'm right there with ya!!!!

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everybody's full of shit.

It'll be great!

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you enjoy traveling and still want to see the world there is always EPCOT center!!!

2:38 PM  
Blogger brian said...

The whole thing takes a strong stomach...

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home